Let me come clean. This little song is growing on me. Carly Rae Jepsen is her name and “Call Me Maybe” is being played just about as much as Bieber these days. I saw this video and just had to share. It makes me laugh. These boys must spend way too much time on buses.
1. Simon. He really was the best part of “American Idol” and I have missed him. Many think he is cruel but would you rather someone that sucks to continue pursuing something that will never happen or move on and discover some other talent they have and can actually excel at??? Simon speaks the truth…with a British accent which makes it even easier to listen to.
2. $5 Million Dollars. That is what the winner of this contest will receive. That would buy a lot of pizza and beer folks. The person that wins this will be a mega-star. This money will not be given to some one-hit-wonder. This person will be special. I can’t wait to see who wins this thing.
3. L.A. Reid. This dude is the real deal. Randy Jackson is a has been bass player who has used that ” Yo yo dawg” crap more than Paula Abdul has used pain killers. Reid however, has signed Pink, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Usher, Kayne West and that Bieber guy. He IS the music business. He KNOWS talent.
4. Paula Abdul. I am sorry but she and Simon just go together. They fight, he makes fun of her and then she takes some pain killers and becomes so much more entertaining to watch. She also is a horny old broad. Watch when a good looking guy comes up there. Her tongue practically falls out of her mouth onto the table.
5. The stories. Simon has opened up the age limits and you get to see some amazing stories. Homeless people looking for a second chance, families that have nothing but their hope of seeing their kid make it big and the one that always gets me…people that just do not know how good they are. It is wonderful to see the shock on their faces when the live audience goes nuts for them. I just got goosebumps typing that. This is really why I watch…for the stories.
So tune in Wednesday and Thursday nights on FOX. You won’t be disappointed.