1. Joined In2Books. This wonderful organization allows you to be a pen pal with a child. You and the child will discuss all sorts of things but mainly you will be reading the same books and then discussing them together via email. I have written my intro letter and I am just waiting to be placed with a child. Can’t wait to get started.
2. I won a St Louis Rams sweatshirt at work in a drawing. I gave it to a kid I know that loves Sam Bradford and the Rams.
3. I wrote a letter to Verizon about the wonderful customer service I received from Fredy.
4. Made a treat for my co-workers. Pumpkin Fluff Dip was a big hit and very easy to make.
5. Let a man go in front of me in a check out lane at the store.
6. Wrote a thank you card and mailed it to my hairdresser. I am a huge pain in the ass over my hair and I just wanted to let her know I appreciate her putting up with me.
7. Loaded a box of things around the house and donated to DAV.
8. Held the door open at a store for everyone coming and going for a good 5 minutes.
9. Got a group of ladies at work to go serve a dinner at a local children’s home. We go October 16th and will be feeding 15 children.
10. Prayed for a stranger. I was coming home this morning from running errands. I noticed there was a fire truck and ambulance in front of a church. As I was passing by I saw them wheeling out an older gentleman on a stretcher. Hopefully nothing too serious. Regardless I said a prayer for him.
I have 20 left to go now. Moving a little slow with this but I will accomplish the last 20 by January 1st. It’s a promise.